As we settle into Term 1 of a brand new year, here are 7 questions that I’ve been pondering:
- Why do we send our kids to school?
- Why does Singapore have a $1 billion tuition industry?
- Will our education prepare them for the future?
- Are our kids happy at school?
- Is igniting a love for learning important?
- Or is doing well more so?
- Does our education system foster innovation, creativity, kindness, empathy, and tolerance that’s essential for our country even as we forge ahead together in this brand new decade?
Ultimately, what is the true purpose of education?